Sevierville is an ideal tourist attraction for those visiting Tennesse for the first time, offering an abundance of activities close to some of the best attractions in the state.
To help guide you on your visit we have outlined the best things to do in Sevierville, including popular tours and free activities for the thrifty traveler.
10 Best Tours in Sevierville
- Smoky Mountain Helicopter Tours Scenic Helicopter Tours offers several tour options for guests exploring Sevier County and the surrounding regions. Included within their services are four tours highlighting the many landmarks of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. For the most engaging exploration of the area, the tour guides guests through the air, presenting breathtaking views of Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Foot, and several surrounding mountains.
- Moonshine Mountain Coaster Ride Voted the best mountain coaster of 2021 in Pigeon Forge, the Moonshine Mountain Coaster Ride presents visitors with one of the most unique ways to explore the mountainous topography of the Great Smoky Mountains. Engaging the mechanics of gravity and manual handbrakes, the silent coaster leads patrons through the mountain’s forests, where guests can spot local plants and wildlife.
- Smoky Mountains Newfound Gap Jeep Tour One of the best ways to explore the more remote regions of the Great Smoky Mountains is via an off-roading tour with Smokey Mountains Jeep Tours. On their Newfound Gap Tour, informative guides bring guests through the dazzling foliage of the county before arriving at the Newfound Gap, which lays a mile above sea level and presents picturesque views of the landscape.
- Thundering Streams and Falls of the Smokies Guided Hiking Tour Hiking to the Thundering Streams and Falls is one of the best ways to enjoy the undisturbed natural wonders of the Great Smoky Mountains. While it is possible to reach these landmarks via a self-guided hike, hiring a professional guide offers the optimal experience. With knowledge of the region, a hired escort will lead guests along several streams, cascades, and creeks for an approximate three-hour hike through the park’s most pristine corners.
- Jeep Tour of Smoky Mountains Foothills Pink Adventure Tours offers one of the best jeep explorations of the Great Smokey Mountains in Sevierville. Featuring an open-air Jeep Wrangler, this narrated tour brings guests through the picturesque Foothills Parkway while providing attendees information regarding the development of the decades-long project.
- Legacy Mountain Zipline Tours One of the most unique and thrilling ways to explore Sevierville and the rest of Sevier County is along Legacy Mountain’s Zipline Adventures. Rated the #1 zipline in America, Legacy Mountains offers seven unique lines that allow visitors to explore breathtaking views of the Smoky Mountains from 500 feet above the ground while flying between mountaintops at 50 mph.
- Clingman’s Dome Hiking Tour As the highest point in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a hike to Clingman’s Dome promises to provide some of the most breathtaking views of the entire preserve and surrounding county. Operated by Smoky Mountain Guides, this 4-hour hike covers a distance of 1.5 miles but with a significant elevation gain that awards it a moderate to strenuous hike rating.
- Appalachian Waterfalls Hiking Tour Another fantastic hiking tour provided by the Great Smoky Mountains, The Appalachian Waterfalls Hiking Tour is designed to guide guests through local history along a leisurely trail to a quietly majestic waterfall. The four-mile hike features a minimal incline and is well suited for hikers of all levels as they are introduced to the national park. In total, the walk takes approximately four hours to complete.
- Wine Me, Shine Me, Dine Me A unique tour in Sevier County, the Wine Me, Shine Me, and Dine Me Tour, guides guests through the region’s local wine, moonshine, and cuisine for a more colorful adventure through the region’s Appalachian culture. Perfect for wine enthusiasts and food lovers, the tour starts in the islands of Pigeon Fork and ventures throughout the county to all of the region’s top restaurants, vineyards, and distilleries.
- Jayell Ranch ATV Adventure Tour Another fun and engaging way for adrenaline seekers to explore the Great Rocky Mountains is along the 12-mile guided ATV Adventure Tour offered at Jayell Ranch. The tour guides guests through rolling foothills, muddy trails of the woods, and even over the crackling creeks that weave throughout the county.
The 9 Best Things to Do in Sevierville
- Forbidden Caverns
- Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park
- Nascar Speed Park
- Tennessee Museum of Aviation
- Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo
- Soaky Mountain Water Park
- Tanger Outlets Sevierville
- Sevier Air Trampoline and Ninja Warrior Park
- Smoky Mountains Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo
1. Forbidden Caverns
With over 8,000 registered caves, Tennessee is home to the most caves in the United States. And among their diverse collection, the Forbidden Caverns are the most enticing cavities that beckon adventure for tourists to the state.
Once inhabited by the Eastern Woodland Indigenous People, the caves are fed by a freshwater river believed to originate from an underground lake located somewhere under the English mountains.
Covered in various stalagmite and stalactite formations, the cave offers plenty of room for visitors to explore its underground wonders.
Guided tours last for approximately 55 minutes and are limited to groups under 30 people to ensure everyone receives the optimal experience as they journey the underground corridors of Sevierville.
2. Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park
When planning what to do in Sevierville, TN, a trip to the Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park should always be at the top of your list.
Situated along 150 acres of Foxfire Mountain, the adventure park is one of the top attractions in the city for hiking and zipline tours.
With several trails interweaving their way through the property, visitors to the park are rewarded with breathtaking views of the county’s landscapes while enjoying several iconic landmarks that include a 335 ft swinging bridge to Prosperity Mountain.
While the hiking trails are beautiful, it is the park’s series of 7 ziplines that have granted the attraction its claim to fame.
The park’s lines include a Waterfall Canopy Tour, which guides guests for two hours through the facilities and is the only zipline in the Smoky Mountains to cross over a waterfall.
3. Nascar Speed Park
Voted the best spot for go-karting in Pigeon Forge for three years in a row, the Nascar Speed Park provides an adrenaline-pumping experience for children and adults alike.
Along with offering a top-of-the-line go-kart racing experience, the park also provides a series of rides that include a roller coaster and tilt-a-whirl, a 5,000-square-foot arcade with brand new bowling lanes, and a Hologate VR experience readily available to transport you to new worlds you could only imagine.
So much more than a simple go-karting track, the Nascar Speed Park is one of the top attractions in Sevierville and offers single-day passes starting at only $30 per person.
4. Tennessee Museum of Aviation
The state’s official repository and archive of aviation history, the Tennessee Museum of Aviation is an absolute must-visit attraction for airplane fanatics and military enthusiasts visiting Sevierville.
Within their 50,000 square foot facilities, the museum features a hangar with 18 historical aircraft and exhibits that include displays of pilot maps, aviation training instruments, a U.S Army Officer’s Field Desk, a Field Communion Kit, and much more.
Also guiding guests through Tennessee’s aviation history is the museum’s 52-foot “Wave Wall,” highlighting all the significant aircraft milestones predating the Wright Brothers, many of which originated in Tennessee.
Whether you are a history fanatic or a casual visitor looking to broaden your knowledge of local aviation history, the Tennessee Museum of Aviation is a must-visit attraction when traveling to Sevierville.
5. Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo
Featuring over 600 residents from 130 different species found around the world, the Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo is the best place in Sevierville for exploring exotic rainforest wildlife.
Offering educational and interactive encounters with their resident animals, visitors to the zoo can intimately explore new species in a unique and exciting way.
For the most engaging experience, visitors should plan their trip around the animal eating times to explore the strange and diverse diets of different species of birds, reptiles, mammals, and amphibians.
6. Soaky Mountain Water Park
Deciding what to do in Sevierville to escape the heat is an essential part of planning a trip to the city during the summer.
And, there is no better way to find recluse from the scorching temperatures than by spending a day basking in the waters at the Soaky Mountain Water Park.
With over 19 rides scattered throughout the massive outdoor complex, Soaky Mountain Water Park offers visitors fun and exciting ways to escape the heat.
Visitors to the park can jet along The Edge, the park’s newest ride, or they can venture into the facility’s thrill-seeking wave pool which features crests reaching upwards of 6 feet.
Regular day tickets start at $47.99 per entry, but prices are discounted every Monday when single ticket prices drop to $39.99.
7. Tanger Outlets Sevierville
With over 105 shops within its facilities, the Tanger Outlets Sevierville is the premier shopping center in Sevier County.
Resident Brands include such favorites as Ralph Lauren, Nike, The North Face, Victoria’s Secret, Adidas, Michael Kors, Levi’s, and so much more.
Whether you are looking to grab great deals throughout the year, shopping during the holiday season, or simply spending an afternoon perusing the products displayed in store windows, the Tanger Outlets Sevierville promises a fun afternoon engaging with the local community.
While the parking lot offers plenty of space to find a spot, the traffic can often become very busy during the summer and holidays. So be sure to arrive early to avoid the rush hour crowd.
8. Sevier Air Trampoline and Ninja Warrior Park
Located next to the Nascar Speed Track, the Sevier Air Trampoline and Ninja Warrior Park offer another adrenaline-filled activity for adults and children visiting the city.
With over 60 trampolines and an obstacle course inspired by the hit televised competition, American Ninja Warrior, visitors to the park can live out all of their acrobatic fantasies.
Also located within the park is a three-story net course designed for children, basketball hoops with trampolines for engaging in a highlight reel dunk competition, and trampoline dodgeball courts for getting the absolute most out of your time at the park.
Whether a kid or an adult, there is plenty of fun to be had throughout the Sevier Air Trampoline and Ninja Warrior Park’s various facilities.
9. Smoky Mountains Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo
A fantastic attraction in rural Sevierville for bringing the family, the Smoky Mountain Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo offer guests the opportunity to get up close and personal with both local wildlife and exotic animals from around the world.
Located on a 143-acre farm, guests will begin to spot the indigenous animals long before they arrive at the admissions office. However, upon entering the facilities, guests are supplied with plenty of feed and led along a pathway to separate paddocks that contain a series of exotic animals.
Visitors to the zoo will engage with such species as African pygmy goats, kangaroos, dromedary camels, and small herds of deer.
For an even heightened experience, guests should sign up for one of the pony and horseback rides offered by the zoo that leads guests throughout the countryside of the farm’s property.
Free Things to Do in Sevierville
Take a Selfie with the Dolly Parton Statue
When visiting downtown Sevierville, don’t forget to take a selfie with the Dolly Parton statue located just outside of the courthouse.
One of the most famous landmarks in the Smoky Mountains region, the statue commemorates the philanthropic superstar born and raised within the Sevierville community.
Known around the world as a superstar singer, songwriter, actress, businesswoman, and philanthropist, Dolly Parton is Tennessee’s most esteemed celebrity, and no visit to Sevierville would be complete without taking a picture with her iconic status.
Explore Burchfield Grove and Arboretum
Running along the picturesque Little Pigeon River, the Burchfield Grove and Arboretum offers a fun and informative self-guided nature tour to enjoy with your family.
Featuring 73 species identifiable by informational plaques scattered along the dog-friendly trail, the park is a fantastic way to explore the local tree species indigenous to the Great Smoky Mountain region.
Learn Local History at Sevier County Heritage Museum
No visit to Sevierville would be complete without a visit to Sevier County Heritage Museum. Housing several historical artifacts, the museum preserves and displays the story of Sevier County’s people and the development of the local communities that have since become world-renowned tourist destinations.
The museum features several exhibits, including displays of traditional tools, furniture, period clothing, and an extensive collection of historical books and newspaper articles.
While admission to the museum is free, donations are encouraged.
Cross the Historic Harrisburg Covered Bridge
First built in 1875, the Harrisburg Covered Bridge is a testament to 19th-century bridge architecture.
While the bridge did require a recent renovation to bring its functionality into modernity, the monument remains as sturdy as ever, and visitors to the landmark can still cross the historic bridge today.
Explore the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Sevier County’s most enticing tourist attraction does not require a single admission fee. And while the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is best enjoyed via a guided tour, visitors to the preserve are permitted to enter the park without spending a cent.
Straddling the border between North Carolina and Tennessee, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is known worldwide for its diverse flora, fauna, and picturesque landscapes along the eponymous mountain range.