We have already taken a look at the best things to do in Sevierville for a solo trip or with family, but what about traveling with that special someone in your life?
To help, we have rounded up a list of the best things to do in Sevierville for couples, including tours and free activities to ensure you get the most out of your romantic getaway.
10 Best Tours in Sevierville for Couples
- Wine Me, Dine Me, Shine Me Exploring the best vineyards, restaurants, and distilleries the Smoky Mountains offers, Sevierville’s Wine Me, Dine Me, Shine Me tour poses one of the best date night activities for couples visiting the city.
Starting from the Island in Pigeon Fork, the tour guides guests to all the food and drink hotspots throughout Sevier County as they explore the delicious feats of the local Appalachian culture.
- Jeep Tour of Smoky Mountains Foothills Nothing screams romance better than an open-aired jeep ride through the beautiful landscapes of the Great Smoky Mountains. Operated by Pink Adventure Tours, the trip brings guests through the picturesque Foothills Parkway. At the same time, the informative guide provides a narrative adventure through the region’s history and the decades-long project to develop the monumental parkway.
- Smoky Mountain Helicopter Tour One of the best ways to explore the Great Smoky Mountains with your significant other is with a bird’s eye view. Take your date to the skies with a tour operated by Scenic Helicopter Tours, and explore the enchanting panoramic views of Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Foot, and several surrounding mountains.
- Legacy Mountain Zipline Tours Rated the #1 Zipline in America, the Legacy Mountain Zipline Tour is one of the most unique and engaging ways to explore Sevier County with your loved one. Grab your significant other and explore the Great Smoky Mountains from 5000 feet above the ground as you zip along seven mountain-spanning lines while reaching speeds of up to 50 mph.
- Rocky Top Wine Trail Tour Featuring five wineries at the heart of the Great Smoky Mountain community, the Rock Top Wine Trail Tour offers couples a fantastic day exploring the more refined tastes of the local Appalachian wine scene. The trail is 100% free to do and features stops at Hillside Winery, Apple Barn Winery, Apple Barn Cider House, Mountain Valley Winery, and Mill Bridge Winery.
- Appalachian Waterfalls Hiking Tour A guided hiking tour to the Appalachian Waterfalls is the perfect adventure for couples looking to escape the city and lose themselves in the natural wonders of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The four-mile hike features a minimal incline for a stroll through the preserved land. Through the instructions of a well-informed guide, guests will explore themes of local history, flora, and fauna before arriving at the romantic waterfalls.
- Moonshine Mountain Coaster Ride The Moonshine Mountain Coaster Ride offers a unique method for couples to explore the beautiful attractions of the Great Smoky Mountains. Voted the top mountain coaster in Pigeon Forge in 2021, the Moonshine Mountain Coaster engages the mechanics of gravity and manual handbrakes to guide guests quietly and sustainability through the preserved countryside. Along the way, visitors can explore the undisturbed flora and fauna that call the region home.
- Wine and Shine Walking Tour Another excellent date option for couples visiting Sevierville is the Wine and Shine Walking Tour. Beginning in nearby Gatlinburg, the tour leads guests to a variety of local distilleries and vineyards along their exploration of the region’s moonshine history and delicious wine-making practices.
- Horseback Trail Ride Tours Operated by Five Oaks Riding Stables, a horseback ride through the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains offers a peaceful way for couples visiting Sevierville to explore the picturesque countryside. The 3.5-mile trail ride is a perfect way to spend an afternoon, or couples can pair it with the onsite zipline adventure for a full day of exploring the entire property and its exciting attractions.
- Jayell Ranch ATV Adventure Tour For a more adrenaline-pumping experience, couples should instead opt for the exciting ATV adventure tour operated by the nearby Jayell Ranch. Featuring a 12-mile guided trail, the ATV tour brings guests along muddy tracks through the rolling foothills, the surrounding woods, and over crackling creeks as they zip along the winding roads of the countryside.
Top Things to Do In Sevierville for Couples
Engage With Foreign Animals at The Smoky Mountains Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo
Situated a short drive from Sevierville in a rural neighborhood of Sevier County, the Smoky Mountains Deer Farm and Exotic Petting Zoo offer couples a fun-filled day away from the city as they explore the diverse species that call this unique zoo home.
The 143-acre farm is home to resident species that include African pygmy goats, kangaroos, dromedary camels, and small herds of deer scattered throughout its property.
Upon entering the facilities, guests should first be sure to supply themselves with plenty of feed for their favorite animals.
Then, following the pathway, visitors will arrive at a series of paddocks, which they can enter as they feed and explore each animal in a close and controlled setting.
Explore the Mysterious Caves of the Forbidden Caverns
Of Tennessee’s over 8,000 caves, the Forbidden Caverns are the most enticing, mysterious, and romantic for couples to explore.
Fed by a freshwater river from a private reserve somewhere under the English Mountain, the caves were once inhabited by the Eastern Woodland Indigenous People that once resided in the region.
Today, the caves are covered in various stalagmite and stalactite formations and promise plenty of mystery for your afternoon out with your partner.
With tour groups limited to 30 people or less, the approximate 55 minutes excursion into the cavern promises to retain plenty of intimacy with your loved ones throughout your adventure.
Enjoy a Couple’s Massage at the Spa at Oak Haven
A couple’s massage at the Spa at Oak Haven is a fantastic way to unwind after a long and rigorous day exploring the Great Smoky Mountains with your loved one.
At the spa, skilled therapists use flowing strokes, gentle kneading, and pressure point targeting techniques to relieve stress and unwind tensions, leaving guests feeling relaxed and ready to continue their journey through Sevierville’s many wonders.
With so many bustling activities to experience in Sevier County, a couple’s massage is the perfect way to slow things down and reconnect with your significant other through the shared experience of tranquil bliss.
Sample Local Flavours at the Hillside Winery
Offering one of the top things to do in Sevierville for Couples, Hillside Winery features several varieties of wine, including their award-winning Muscadine Mist.
In addition, the winery’s outdoor patio seating offers guests a beautiful and romantic setting for enjoying their favorite vino with their partners.
Couples should plan a day undertaking the Rocky Top Wine Trail for an even more engaging experience of the local vineyard scene.
Starting from the Hillside Winery, visitors will explore its various wines, along with several others offered at Apple Barn Winery, Apple Barn Cider House, Mountain Valley Winery, and Mill Bridge Winery.
Kick Things Up a Notch at the Tennessee Legend Distillery
Known for its historic moonshiners, no visit to Sevierville would be complete without a visit to one of the modern distilleries lining its streets.
Offering an authentic mountain experience, Tennessee Legend Distillery provides the perfect destination for couples to explore the region’s moonshining histories.
Offering a selection of spirits, shines, whiskeys, and Tennessee sipping creams, Tennessee Legend Distillery allows visitors to sample some of the finest liquors and alcoholic beverages in the state.
Catch Some Thrills at the Nascar Speed Park
Offering an afternoon of adrenaline-pumping excitement, the Nascar Speed Park is the best destination in Sevierville for thrill-seeking couples visiting the city.
Voted the #1 spot in Pigeon Forge for go-karting three years in a row, the Nascar Speed Park is more than a top-of-the-line racing course.
Along with their go-kart track, the park’s 5,000-square foot facility includes a state-of-the-art arcade with bowling lanes and a Hologate VR Experience.
So whatever your entertainment interests, the Nascar Speed Park offers a fun day of play for you and your loved one.
Explore The Countryside at the Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park
Occupying 150 acres of the picturesque Foxfire Mountain, the Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park is one of the premier attractions in Sevierville for hiking and zipline tours and is a fantastic way for couples to explore the surrounding landscape together.
Couples can first explore the region’s mountainous topography along the adventure park’s interweaving hiking trails.
Along the way, they will bask in breathtaking mountain views, venture into naturally preserved zones, and even cross a 335 ft swinging bridge to Prosperity Mountain.
After exploring the park’s hiking trails, couples should continue their engagement with the facility by partaking in one of the park’s zipline tours.
With seven zip lines scattered throughout the property, the best tour for couples is the Waterfall Canopy Tour.
The approximate two-hour guided journey offers several romantic views and is the only zipline in the Smoky Mountains to cross over a waterfall.
Spend an Afternoon Window Shopping at the Tanger Outlets Sevierville
Known as one of the top shopping centers in the Smoky Mountains, the Tanger Outlets Sevierville offers a fun day interacting with the local Sevierville community.
With over 105 shops, the mall features such favorite brands as Michael Kors, Levi’s, Adidas, The North Face, Ralph Lauren, and much more.
Offering great deals, the mall is a fantastic place to buy souvenirs, do some holiday shopping, or simply just window shop with your significant other while people-watching the local community partaking in their daily lives.
Sample Local Craft Beers at the Casual Pint of Sevierville
While Sevierville is home to excellent wineries and distilleries, its local craft beer scene can often go overlooked. However, the city’s craft beers and breweries are just as fantastic and vibrant as its vineyards and moonshine.
For the best experience exploring the Sevierville craft beer scene, couples should plan to spend an evening sampling Casual Pint of Sevierville’s 28 beers crafted within its facilities.
Offering a friendly atmosphere and expert Beer-tenders that are masters of their craft, the bar’s casual, coffee shop-like atmosphere is an excellent spot for spending a night on the town.
Spend the Night in a cozy Smoky Mountains Cabin
When planning what to do in Sevierville for couples, spending a romantic night at a cozy cabin in the Great Smoky Mountains should not be overlooked.
While the city offers many hotel options, booking a private cabin in the surrounding woods is the most romantic way to spend your stay in the region.
In their isolated corner of the countryside, couples can retreat from the bustle of the city and find complete immersion in each other’s company.
They can enjoy the quiet ambiance of the rural countryside while taking advantage of various amenities that often include hot tubs and fireplaces.
Free Things to Do in Sevierville
Discover Local History at the Sevier County Heritage Museum
When visiting Sevierville with your loved one, be sure to stop by the Sevier County Heritage Museum for an insight into the region’s storied past.
With displays of traditional tools, furniture, period clothing, and old books and newspaper articles, the museum explores the development of the local community from early settlers to a world-renowned tourist destination.
Admission to the museum is free. However, the facility is 100% reliant on the public’s generosity, and donations are appreciated.
Visit the Sevier County Courthouse for a Picture with the Dolly Parton Statue
As the hometown of Dolly Parton, the Sevierville community holds a special place in its heart for its world-renowned superstar singer, songwriter, actress, businesswoman, and philanthropist.
No visit to the city would be complete without first visiting the iconic statue of the community’s most esteemed celebrity.
So, be sure to visit the Sevier County Courthouse, where you and your loved one can immortalize your visit with a picture of the Dolly Parton Statue.
Share a Picnic by Douglas Lake
When visiting Sevierville, couples should escape the city for a day exploring Douglas Lake. The nearby reservoir is known for its fishing, bird watching, hiking, and swimming activities and is the perfect location for unwinding by the water.
Up the romance and pack a lunch for a lakeside picnic with your partner. When you’re done with your meal, head on into the water, where you can float away your stress while listening to the calming chirps of the local birds.
Hike in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Known worldwide for its picturesque landscapes and diverse flora and fauna species, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is one of the biggest tourist attractions of Sevier County and other regions surrounding the North Carolina-Tennessee border.
Serving as the doorway to the preserved park, couples visiting Sevierville would be remiss not to engage in one of the many hiking trails spanning the preservation.
Together, loved ones can escape to nature, where they can spend quiet time intimately exploring the isolated setting of the park’s preserved corners.